Tiny sensors to monitor your life and home.
As seen on:
|What is Clime?|
Smart sensors allow us to use technology to extend our human senses and experience the world more than ever before. They improve our ability to know about our everyday surroundings and to monitor the things we care about the most. Today many of these devices are imperfect: too big, too expensive or too complicated.
And that’s why we created Clime.
Clime is a tiny battery-powered sensor with the ability to measure all kinds of data near its location. Setting-up is as simple as sticking a Clime sensor to a surface and letting it communicate all of its handy environmental readings to the Clime app via Bluetooth 4.0.
Leave your sensor outside and let it adjust your thermostat when it detects temperature changes. Add a motion-sensing Clime to your washing machine and receive an alert on your phone when the cleaning cycle is complete. Let a Clime sensor keep track of ambient light and trigger your lights to turn on when it gets dark outside.
How you can use it?
The main purpose of Clime is to provide detailed data about the environment to the user. The applications are endless and limited only by your creativity. Here are just five examples of the may uses of Clime.
Measuring everyday conditions
• Clime will help you to adjust the living conditions in your home and improve your health.
• Avoiding mold is easier thanks to the humidity sensor.
• Improve your sleep quality thanks to the temperature sensor.
• Clime can help you avoid winter flu which is often a result of overly dry air.
• You can be notified when the washing machine finishes thanks to the movement sensor.
• Clime will track the living conditions of plants in greenhouses, gardens or pots.
• The sensors work both above the ground as well as under the soil.
• They will notify you when it’s time for some watering thanks to the humidity sensor.
• Clime with a movement sensor can detect even the smallest movements in its vicinity. When a baby wakes up and starts moving a message will be instantly sent to a paired smart device.
• It can notify when your child cames home. As soon as he enters the device range you will be notified.
• Want to keep your toddler out of the cabinets? Attach a Clime sensor to the cabinet door and get notified with any changes in motion or light readings.
• Do you have reptiles or amphibians or other sensitive animals as pets? Your frog will finally feel home thanks to the sensor allowing you to adjust its environment.
• Thanks to Clime, terrarium owners will be able to recreate their animals’ original habitat een more closely.
• Thanks to Clime’s sticky cover it’s possible to attach it to smaller possessions that get easily lost. You will be able to track them using the proximity sensor.
• Sticking it to a door will notify the you whenever someone opens it. Get immediate notifications of burglars or other unwanted visitors.
• Sticking a Clime with movement sensor to a bike parked in front of a café makes it possible to catch the thief red handed before he rides away.
How does it work?
Clime was made with the help of Bluetooth 4.0 technology to make it as low energy as possible. A single device can run on one replaceable battery for up to 1.5 years. Bluetooth also allows for quick data transfer between Clime and your smartphone. Data is transferred every 3 seconds to guarantee the most up-to-date information possible.
Clime is covered with sticky rubber cover which allows the device to be stuck to any surface. You can attach it to a plant pot, a door, a wall or even a bike.
We are also developing apps for the smartwatch users so you can control your Clime right from your hand.
Design is important
A terrific device requires both great design and exceptional engineering.
We created Clime with minimalistic simplicity in mind. The sensor is a small, compact device that won’t waste unnecessary space and it will easily blend into its surroundings. Available colors differ depending on the model. The sensor of your choice and the battery powering it are covered by a thick layer of foamed PVC which makes the device as light as a feather and resistant to weather conditions like wind or strong sunlight.
Why we need you?
Our product components are almost ready for mass production, but we can get there only with your help. We've waited for this moment a very long time and we're only a few steps from achieving our goal. Together we can build a great community.
Help us make our idea come true.
Risks and challenges
Similar to many crowdfunding projects, we face several key risks and challenges in sparking this revolution in the connected world. The primary risks for us include:
To achieve the level of simplicity in user experience that we have, we have to design and engineer a very complex system. We have taken two key steps to ensure our engineering success. 1) We have gathered an amazing team of engineers and designers, and 2) we test our sensors with an obsession for perfection. In the last few months, we have built 5 generations of prototypes and a production run of alpha devices, we will have a run of beta machines with significant user testing, and we keep enormous amounts of data to guide our future work.
Supply chain and logistics
Many crowdfunding campaigns can encounter problems when taking their prototypes to production. This includes issues finding suppliers and engineering products for mass-production. Smooth execution is absolutely essential to overcoming such risks. We take this lesson seriously and have been working for months negotiating with suppliers, testing component quality, and building a team that can execute on our promises. Our plans are nearly in place, and we now mainly require the resources to execute them.
Finding the right people is a challenge for any endeavor. Success in internet of things requires a team of talented, passionate, and motivated designers, engineers, and entrepreneurs. We have already formed a truly great team. Check out our website for more information.
Meet our team
Clime, Inc. is an international company with our headquarters and research and development in Cracow, Poland. Our passion is to use our vast experience in product design to make everyday lives easier.
Graduated from Industial Design Department at the Academy of Fine Arts in Cracow.
6 Years of product management experience bringing innovative physical and digital products to the market.
Previously worked with PressPad and many other projects.
Currently CEO of Clime Inc. and VORM lab – industrial and interaction design lab.
Business leader and advisor.
Graduated from the Academy of Fine Arts in Cracow. Maker, designer.
5 years of experience in design, prototyping and bringing new products to life.
Creator of motion controlled Cher Cam – a photographic device and mobile presentation device “bonjour”.
Ex–CTO of Materialination – the biggest 3D printing site in Poland.
Hardware Engineer, Co-founder
MSc in Electronics Engineering at AGH University of Technology.
5 years of experience in system design. Experienced in PCB prototyping and implementation and embedded software.
Worked with smart devices at TRAX elektronik and myTail.